Worst song ever

Discussion in 'General Music' started by bat, Sep 4, 2004.

1. bat

Heavymental

God...how could I forget...Most things by the Manic Street Preachers. Especially 'If You Tolerate This' :chunder:
    Terrible terrible 'Political' rock at its worst. Whiny vocals and 6th form politics for 'right on' teenage indy kids :bookworm: God I hate that sht :grrr:

I can't believe they went to Cuba to do the first rock gig or whatever it was. The cubans must of been running back to their bars and clubs to cleanse their ears with some proper music...what must they think of us :NADowner:

Heavymental, Sep 13, 2004
  2. bat

sideshowbob Trisha

"If You Tolerate This The Stereophonics Will Be Next" as it was known at the time. So true.

The first Manics album was pretty good I thought, and in the earlier, pre-stadium rawk, days they were a pretty storming live proposition. I still think "You Love Us" is a pretty fine punk rock song.

Castro went to their gig in Cuba and seemed to have the Manics sussed.

Manic Street Preacher: President Casto, we should warn you that this concert might be a bit loud

Castro: What, louder than war?

Quite a rock n roll answer I thought.

-- Ian

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2004
    sideshowbob, Sep 13, 2004
  3. bat

Heavymental

True some of their earlier stuff was better....that Lescaletrix Durera or whatever it was called was good but generally they make me wince. Surely the mark of a good artist is to get a message accross subtley. Manics might aswell release songs called "War is bad mmkay". Not very clever.

Well done Castro...nice answer! :respect:

Heavymental, Sep 13, 2004
  4. bat

Gambit Junior Vice President

Jet - Are You Gonna Be My Girl?

Gambit, Oct 6, 2004
  5. bat

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

No way - it might not be the most original sounding track, but it's infinitely superior to most of the other dross mentioned here. "Cold hard bitch" is a cracking track as well...

domfjbrown, Oct 6, 2004
  6. bat

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

The worst song ever has to be Black Lace - Agadoo, a song for 5 year olds born in the 1980's or people who have no ears at all and think its actually music.

I think the entire song was produced on 1980 monophonic Casio keyboard!

amazingtrade, Oct 6, 2004
  7. bat

rodrat

The worst songs ever, are those that dj's play at weddings or other bashes with a wide age group. The following list is guaranteed to get the 40 and 50 year olds to get up and dance. It usually starts with the women until the men folk are sufficiently pissed.

Proud mary
    Tie a yellow ribbon
    Anything by Abba
    Agadoo
    Anything by Elvis
    The birdy song

The slows

Lady in red. My wife has an absolute hatred of this song. I have told her that if she goes first, I will have it played as she goes into the oven.

In case you think I am being ageist, I am fifty and would rather have root canal work than suffer any off my list.

Rod

rodrat, Oct 6, 2004
  8. bat

ilockyer rockin' in the free world

The Lady In Red is absolutely dire. I'd managed to forget about it's existence until re-reading this thread.

Candle In The Wind '97 - Elton John. THis might upset a few people, but tough. The re-write for the funeral was fair enough, but it ended up just being a vehicle for people to be overly hysterical and upset about someone they never even knew. Couldn't escape the bloody record for ages.

ilockyer, Oct 6, 2004
  9. bat

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

Lady in Red is awful. I am pretty certain anybody with a Chris De Burgh record classes a £30 Albasuitroncrap gheto box as a HIFI system.

amazingtrade, Oct 6, 2004
  10. bat

My name is Ron It is, it really is

I can barely bring myself to type it.

Jeff Beck. Hi Ho Silver Lining.

There. Got to go and lie down now.

My name is Ron, Oct 6, 2004
  11. bat

johnhunt recidivist

actually i saw jb do hhsilverl at the rfh last year sometime.

johnhunt, Oct 6, 2004
  12. bat

stickman

I was just about to order "Spanish Train and Other Stories" off play.com 'cos its one of those things I've never replaced since I ditched vinyl.

Lucky my system is shite. :p

stickman, Oct 6, 2004
  13. bat

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

Ah - but that track's MEANT not to be taken seriously - totally gimmick. (it IS bloody awful though!).

Ahem - I actually own a Chris de Burgh CD (it's a best of, which I paid about a fiver for). I bought it for "Spanish train" oddly enough ;)

Lady in red though - sure, it might be crap, but I bet *you* wish you'd wrote it, then got loaded-rich off of the profits ;)

domfjbrown, Oct 7, 2004
  14. bat

stickman

There's nothing wrong with "Spanish Train" or its sequel; I can't remember its name, but I think the album is "Crusader".

There is music outside of Manchester.

stickman, Oct 8, 2004
  15. bat

analoguekid Planet Rush

Theres a lot worse from bands like Black lace, the Smurfs, the tweets etc, but one for me that should never have been alowwed is Elton Johns destruction of candle in the Wind (I've always liked it especially the lyrics) and he goes and kills it dead by bastardising the Lyrics when Diana Spencer died whist she was playing horay henrietta with dodi, elton went down in my estimation after that one, surely him and bernie with their obvious talent coulda come up with a new song for their "English Rose"

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2004
    analoguekid, Oct 9, 2004
  16. bat

leonard smalls GufmeisterGeneral

It's got to be "I wanna hold your hand" by the Beatles.. Makes my skin crawl.
    As does "3 times a lady" by the Commodores, and any Euro Disco - especially that Ibiza shite..

leonard smalls, Oct 9, 2004
Ask a Question