naim boys' playground fight

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Metalhead, Oct 9, 2003.

1. Metalhead

Marco

Chopsing? :D What's that mean?

Anyway, I seriously doubt that JW sent anyone to do anything. It's far more likely either Satan or PD alerted Ian to what's being said, and he came here to put the record straight. No problem, as far as I'm concerned. What I was told was obviously wrong - so I stand corrected.

Ian, welcome to Zerogain.You are indeed one of the 'Mana boys acceptable faces' unlike some others I could mention. Enjoy :MILD:

Marco.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2003
    Marco, Oct 11, 2003
  2. Metalhead

Paul Duerden

Thanks for that Ian.

I remember chatting to the valve guy now and don't remember him being in the least bothered by the Mana dem either.
    My intent wa not to wind up Marco,which is why I didn;t mention him by name it was as I said to stop untrue rumour.

If anyone wishes for further corroboration they can Email or ring John Watson for the full facts. Unless Marco would like to claim that JW would make up a story to wind him up as well.

Paul Duerden, Oct 11, 2003
  3. Metalhead

michaelab desafinado

Since his location is "Northants", where Silverstone is I'd hazard a guess that he works for Jordan, the only team based at Silverstone AFAIK allthough Jaguar, in Milton Keynes aren't that far away.

Being a huge F1 fan and a software engineer one of my dreams has always been to work for an F1 team but sadly I have no motorsport or engineering (mechanical) background so I never really had a hope. I've heard that the pay in F1 teams isn't so stellar either (esp compared to the financial sector where I've pretty much always worked).

Looks like tomorrow will be a very interesting race..... :MILD:

Michael.

michaelab, Oct 11, 2003
  4. Metalhead

Paul Duerden

Ian works for BAR racing which has now exhausted my knowledge of motor racing. For fans Ian has a thread going on the Mana Forum called "oh the pain" or something like that.

Anyone like cricket?

Paul Duerden, Oct 11, 2003
  5. Metalhead

Paul Ranson

BAR are opposite the Brackley Tescos, which is just down the A43 from Silverstone and still just inside Northants.

Paul

Paul Ranson, Oct 11, 2003
  6. Metalhead

Ian Wright

Hi Robbo,

I work for BAR as Paul has stated. Been there for 5 years.

"JW must have sent him to 'patch up' marco's chopsing"WadiaMeister

No. I was told by someone else not named here that Marco was stirring things up on zerogain. I thought I would check to see how seeing as I thought Marco moved on some time ago from having arguments with other forum posters.

For the record. I disagree with the Devil here and don't think Marco meant to stir anything up. Sometimes these things just happen though.

Normally I wouldn't have joined in as I am very busy at work but as I was the Manchester Hi-Fi show in question and know far more about this than anyone commenting on it here I thought I should explain what I think happened.

"Ian also runs those Stealth amps, (I think) "

Yes I do. There are very few of us out there!

"Ian didn't used to work for one of my old Boss's Uncle Tommy W ? Jags wasn't it?" Wm

I don't think that was me! I worked for McLaren for 8 years prior to BAR. Having been part of a team that won 3 World Drivers and Constructors Championships the last 5 years have been hard!

Nonetheless we are moving in the right direction.

Looking forwards to the race which we will be supporting from the factory.

Having been on Japanese time for the past couple of days and yet still in the UK has left me more than a bit knackered!

Looks like the moderators here run a pretty good forum. Well done to them and to the contributors.

Have been posting on Hi-Fi forums for 8 years now. Keep on thinking I should move on and do something else but they are quite addictive!

Ian

Ian Wright, Oct 11, 2003
  7. Metalhead

Marco

Aside from anything else, just how utterly pathetic is that? Does whoever it was not have anything better to do??

Anyway, you're right, Ian. The LAST thing I was trying to do was stir up trouble. I was merely relating a past incident from memory, as well as what I had been told by someone else. As has been shown, the information I was given was not accurate - end of story.

Thank you for once again being your usual rational, balanced, and unbiased self. You're an excellent ambassador for the name of Mana. You put the petty wind-up merchants out there to shame.

Regards,
    Marco.

Marco, Oct 11, 2003
  8. Metalhead

The Devil IHTFP

Just for the record it wasn't me that grassed you up to Ian or anyone else. I wasn't at the Manchester show in question, and I have no idea what went on there. The Mana rooms at shows allegedly always played at high levels and some people were upset by it.

The Devil, Oct 13, 2003
  9. Metalhead

michaelab desafinado

michaelab, Oct 14, 2003
  10. Metalhead

The Devil IHTFP

For the record, I would like to say that the above remark was not intended to convey the impression that 'some people' included other exhibitors.

The people who I've seen complaining about it on various forums are the same people who seem to make a point of running down Mana at any opportunity.

The Devil, Oct 14, 2003
Ask a Question