No global negative feedback

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by melorib, Jul 28, 2007.

1. melorib

melorib Lowrider

I repeat, read before you post, my amplifier is not SET, it is PP... :rolleyes:

You are so unconfortable with cheap equipment, or is it with those that have inexpensive equipment... :confused:

melorib, Aug 2, 2007
  2. melorib

melorib Lowrider

Analog inputs are not digitized, can the volume be digital ?

melorib, Aug 2, 2007
  3. melorib

anubisgrau

i did, murray. they vary in sound - some i liked, some i didn't. i will focus on them more very soon when my new speakers arrive.

everything is built to order and there is a flexibility in meeting your demands. that is also one of the reasons why they don't sound consistent - i mean 2 similar amps do, but there are so many variables re what caps, resistors or valves fit into your budget.

the prices are always discussed upon the requested specs but they are not expensive. they do cost more than chinese but certainly less than europeans.

however, my favourite manufacturer from this part of the world is:
    http://www.taticaudio.com/
    there is an english section of his website.

he is cheaper and (for my taste) more focused on the real issues of the SETs - i think he recently build a custom order SET with ITs for someone from norway, based on a russian military version of 2A3 (6B4G or something like that). he is fanatically dedicated to the SETs, he bulds his own transformers and at the end charges really very moderately for what you get. most of the amps shown there are between 600 and 900E, the preamps are under 400E. we tried to estimate what is his margin - it's not more than 150-200E per amp.

another great guy:

http://www.solajaaudio.com

pardon me for hijacking the thread, i'm off.

anubisgrau, Aug 2, 2007
  4. melorib

melorib Lowrider

No problem...

melorib, Aug 2, 2007
  5. melorib

melorib Lowrider

http://www.atma-sphere.com/papers/paradigm_paper2.html

melorib, Aug 2, 2007
  6. melorib

Stereo Mic

Lovely article. Do you notice how none of these manufacturers bother to warn you about increased noise and reduced bandwidth?

Another thought is your speakers. Do you have an impedence curve for them or have you tried a zoebel across the coils yet?

Stereo Mic, Aug 2, 2007
  7. melorib

melorib Lowrider

As I said before, I am not engineer, explain, please...

melorib, Aug 3, 2007
  8. melorib

Stereo Mic

Wikipedia is surely not that difficult to find? Also try googling "Zoebel Network"

You need an impedance curve before we discuss this any further.

Stereo Mic, Aug 3, 2007
  9. melorib

melorib Lowrider

I dont need you to explain impedance to me, was asking about the Zoebel thing...

Isnt it a Zoebel Network on my amplifier, a resistor and a capacitor in parallel with the outputs... :confused:

melorib, Aug 3, 2007
  10. melorib

Stereo Mic

The Zoebel network is not really there to simulate the normal load, but rather to insure a proper load at freqs above 20-30 khz, to improve HF stability.

Loudspeakers can sometimes represent a very high impedance at out-of-band higher frequencies.

You would often have a zoebel in your speaker's crossover. You don't have a crossover. Do you have an impedence curve?

Stereo Mic, Aug 3, 2007
  11. melorib

melorib Lowrider

No impedance curve, no crossover, no Zoebel Network, I am poor... :(

But I have supertweeters with crossover, in parallel with the speakers, and a Zoebel thing in the amplifier's output... ;)

melorib, Aug 3, 2007
  12. melorib

Stereo Mic

I can't help you then.

Of absolutely no importance whatsoever in this case from what I can see, although it's nice to see you haven't ripped that little lot out too.

Stereo Mic, Aug 3, 2007
  13. melorib

melorib Lowrider

I have good teachers... ;)

melorib, Aug 3, 2007
  14. melorib

Stereo Mic

Sure doesn't sound like it to me Antonio. I don't know why a waste my time trying to help you - you just see it a some ego challenge.

If you don't know the impedence curve of your drive unit, and it's crossoverless and a nominal 4 ohm load, I'm amazed any idiot would advise you to rip out circuitry from your amp bu then perhaps I shouldn't be surprised by the insanity of certain elements of the hobby that you seem to embrace.

Stereo Mic, Aug 3, 2007
  15. melorib

melorib Lowrider

You looking at a mirror Mic... :rolleyes:

melorib, Aug 3, 2007
  16. melorib

Stereo Mic

No point in continuing this discussion. It's fairly clear you dont understand the basic effects of a zero NFB amplifier's interaction with a reactive load, nor if truth be told, any of the reasons behind building that particular circuit in the first place.

You feel qualified to rip apart a piece of electronics because you've read an article in Stereophool and subscribe to TweaksRus. You've "lifted a veil" whilst rolling off the treble and making the background noise intrusive, yet when you are told why this happens you behave like a child denied one last ride on the rollercoaster.

It's like trying to help a five year old with his homework - only somewhat less rewarding. Ian, I follow your lead.

Stereo Mic, Aug 3, 2007
  17. melorib

melorib Lowrider

You ignore or disdain the opinions of several very qualified persons, some members of this forum, not talking about me, when you ran out of arguments you make false statements trying to make a point, for instance:

The "veil" was lifted when I removed GNFB, the rest happened days later, when I removed the input CAP, wich has nothing to do with GNFB...

Then you behave like a child denied one last ride on the rollercoaster and follow the lead of your akin.

I could do like most, and not bother answering the troll posts, but then whoever visits the forum will think that we are all morons, because usually you have the last word...

melorib, Aug 3, 2007
  18. melorib

tuga

Would anyone care for a good deal on a pair of Schallwand omni speakers?

:gould:

tuga, Aug 3, 2007
  19. melorib

melorib Lowrider

So it is you... ;)

melorib, Aug 3, 2007
  20. melorib

tuga

Sim, comprei umas Tudusan em Janeiro.
    Now I've moved tye stereo to a bigger room (3,30m celing, hard thick walls, very reflective) and they no longer sound as good as they did before, possibly because they shoot upwards...

tuga, Aug 3, 2007
Ask a Question