speaker cable

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by oceanobsession, Dec 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oceanobsession

ADPully

Good point Shrink - Id never tell another enthusiast what to do.
    I just explain, only if asked, what Ive found in an easy way as I can and them let them choose without any pressure.

Methinks the neysayers protest too much - Maybe they were beaten as children?

Andy

ADPully, Dec 9, 2007
  2. oceanobsession

Stereo Mic

Oh the irony.:D

I was going to respond in kind to your puerile comments, but I'd rather retain both the moral and intellectual highground thanks.

[​IMG]

;)

Stereo Mic, Dec 9, 2007
  3. oceanobsession

Jimbo

Well i hope this posting doesn't get deleted as a few have before. To be honest i have been naughty and i am sorry for that. The thing is nothing has changed since i took a short rest from here. Perhaps a new part just for the tweakers and cablers would work. All we want to do is have a discussion on the subject with no disruption which turns into an endless argument.

Jimbo, Dec 9, 2007
  4. oceanobsession

mr cat Member of the month

yeah, I saw your effing and blinding - just glad the medications working now... ;)

mr cat, Dec 9, 2007
  5. oceanobsession

penance Arrogant Cock

Seeing as you have neither of those high grounds, how about you reply with your honest response, not your relentless self appointed craptrap.

I (and suspect others from some of the above postings) do not think it puerile, it is a response to your incessant butting in and rubbishing of other people opinions (note i say opinion, not fact).

Also, please point out the irony in my post, from where i see it the real irony is your response.

You pathetic 'give a **** 'o meter' just about sums up your childish contribution to this forum, you can't think of a valid and worth while reply so you rely on childish little snipes and pictures that are so old they may even out date you own attitude.

FFS Mike, I know you have been banned from the other forum you plagued, but please go somewhere else.

penance, Dec 9, 2007
  6. oceanobsession

penance Arrogant Cock

While we are on the subject of irony, aboput the Isolda cable i purchased from you. I remember not being that impressed with it at the time, you told me the cable was the best i could affod and that my system may be at fault.
    Anything to say?

penance, Dec 9, 2007
  7. oceanobsession

Stereo Mic

Penance,

next time you tap your keyboard, might I suggest you pause, and consider whether you will feel comfortable saying what you are about to post when I see you next.

Some manners wouldn't go amiss. Or have you been drinking?

Stereo Mic, Dec 9, 2007
  8. oceanobsession

Stereo Mic

:D

What I will say is, in all honesty I didn't even remember you buying any cable from me. To think you not only remember that, but the exchange of words at the time - and have the audacity to claim I have a sad little life:D

Stereo Mic, Dec 9, 2007
  9. oceanobsession

penance Arrogant Cock

Why should i worry when (or if) i see you in person, is that a threat? If so you are on very dodgy ground.

Again, i will ask you to post a reasoned response, not another evading cover up.

Remember when i picked picked you up on PFM for slagging off a cable manufacturer, you accused me, all be it by PM becuase you dont have the balls to do it puclicly, of living in the guys pocket.
    How is Mr Townsends pocket, is it comfortable?

penance, Dec 9, 2007
  10. oceanobsession

RobHolt Moderator

If my amplifier sounds bright or harsh I'll examine the distortion and frequency response measurements and expect to find the answer. If my speakers sound soft and distant I'll look at the frequency response plot and expect to see a dip in the presence region. If my CD player has an overly fulsome bass delivery I'll expect to see a broad but subtle lift on the response plot of half a db or so below 500hz. If my cartridge sounds spitty on hot cuts I will see this clearly from the tracking ability tests. If my turntable sounds muddled I'll check it's immunity to feedback and if it sounds slow I'll check the speed by measuring it.

Now, tell me why your Gale speaker cable sounds different to other cables you've tried.

RobHolt, Dec 9, 2007
  11. oceanobsession

penance Arrogant Cock

The reason i remember it is due to the piss poor communications after you had my cash, and the fact it took you nearly 3 weeks to stick some cables in the post.

Please, a proper response to questions posed to you. You are very quick to jump on others but seem suspiciously slow to respond to any question about your own consistancy.

penance, Dec 9, 2007
  12. oceanobsession

Stereo Mic

Of course it's not a threat FFS. It's a request for some basic decency and manners.

Before you start asking for reasoned answers (which I have IMHO provided repeatedly), how about showing me that courtesy instead of the drunken attacks?

Are you still working with Tony then?

Stereo Mic, Dec 9, 2007
  13. oceanobsession

Stereo Mic

I haven't seen any coherent questions asked of me - only a series of rather blunt personal attacks. I'm pretty sure I've answered any questions in the past - it just seems you get upset with the answers.

Stereo Mic, Dec 9, 2007
  14. oceanobsession

penance Arrogant Cock

It could easily be interpreted as a threat, be careful Mike.

I have not been drinking, but i am tired of your childish agenda on this forum.

I have never worked for Tony, another of you paranoid delusions.
    I asked you about your life with Mr Townsend, why ignore the question. Is it because the question is to low to deserve a reply, i suspect it is. If that is the case, please look at your own postings.

Yet again, i ask for a reasoned response to some of the questions put to you that question your integrity.

penance, Dec 9, 2007
  15. oceanobsession

penance Arrogant Cock

BTW, you earn respect from others, it does not come to you because you think it should.

You are no better or worse than any one else on this forum, you are just a hand at a keyboard.

penance, Dec 9, 2007
  16. oceanobsession

Stereo Mic

You have no reason to question my integrity. I make no recommendations for products. I do not sell audio. I do not sell in the classifieds here. I am not close friends with any internet forum manufacturer. If you want to question my integrity, give me a reason. Otherwise it's just baseless waffle - you seem adept at that these days if I may say so.

Stereo Mic, Dec 9, 2007
  17. oceanobsession

Stereo Mic

I think everyone is entitled to a basic form of decency - hence the forum's AUP. Since when have I claimed I'm better than you? All I've done is relayed the science and the accepted position on one issue that you disagree with. You've been unable to offer a cohesive argument and have instead resorted to puerile insults. On second thoughts....;)

Stereo Mic, Dec 9, 2007
  18. oceanobsession

penance Arrogant Cock

I suugest you reread the AUP and see how it sits with your style of underhand bitching at other forum members.

Also, my only post about cables in this thread was to say that i was happy with the wanky wire i purchased. I did not say what wire it was, i did not argue about the reasons why i liked it, i merely stated my opinion on the cable i use. So please show me where i have disagreed with your alledged scientific justification?
    I do not think i have made puerile insults, I have commented on your persistant, repetative and, frankly boring digs at other people for voicing their opinion.

I would go thru the thread and quote your own thinly disguised insults, but sadly i don't have time as i have to go to work in 10 hours time.

penance, Dec 9, 2007
  19. oceanobsession

cooky1257

Well you didn't answer my enquiry as to whether you used the few bob you made off Isolda sales to upgrade to the cryo version or bought that type from the off.
    There is also a moral component here too in that 'if' all cables are more or less the same and certain members have discovered this 'fact' after some considerable expense and feel so strongly about protecting the unwary from wasting their cash, how can they then sell this expensive(but only as good as mains cable)stuff on at anything within smelling distance of the price they paid?
    Surely they are as bad as the so called shamen then aren't they?

cooky1257, Dec 9, 2007
  20. oceanobsession

Stereo Mic

Cooky,

If you can find an advert from me selling anything then do point me to it. If and when I sell, I will do so at the market rate as is my right. But I'm not offering home trials or recommending everyone on this forum tries them am I? As for your question, I thought Isolda was always cryo - sorry I didn't know. Not that it makes any difference.

Penance,

Whatever. Oh how I remember how you used to rip into CJ and others when you agreed with me. Now what was that about hypocrites again?

Stereo Mic, Dec 9, 2007
Ask a Question