The future of ZeroGain

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by michaelab, Feb 8, 2005.

1. michaelab

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Michael.

First of all I hope your personal issues work out and I hope to still "see you around" whatever the outcome.

And as others have said, a big thankyou for the time, MOney and effort you've put into this place. In a forum with many polar views (and with yours sometimes at one extreme of the spectrum) you've often shown neutrality in your MOderating style.

All the best mate

MO

MO!, Feb 11, 2005
  2. michaelab

midlifecrisis Firm member

Midlife's personnel manager here - it's about time someone did something about this site so Midlife and the rest of you idle skivers can get back to doing some work during the day, but have to admit Michael has done a top job.

Ms Hilda Natschuff
    Head of HR

midlifecrisis, Feb 11, 2005
  3. michaelab

BerylliumDust WATCH OUT!!!

Yep, that's Michael, alright!!!

Balance and Integrity... that's why we all can rest assured that Michael will be ok.

That's how balanced Michael is... his integrity will do the rest!

BerylliumDust, Feb 11, 2005
  4. michaelab

greg Its a G thing

Just to chip in...
    I have personally valued zerogain very much. As a resource I find/have found it to be excellent and I hope it can remain online, even if just as a resource, so that others like me in the foot hills of hi-fi can utilise its strong knowledge base.

The various heated debates which have taken place here, which have at times presented Michael with administrative challenges, have also often benefitted the forum considerably. They have typically displayed passion for the subject in question and published strongly contrasting opinions. The upshot has ususally been new information and ideas which would otherwise not have been published and amongst some of them there are real gems. In many ways this has been the strength of ZG, but the price has been several members becoming disillusioned - including, I think, Michael.

Michael - thanks for making the efforts you have made to be positive and balanced as the forum leader/owner. Thanks for being bold enough to present your changing views on hi-fi (cables, etc.) in the knowledge that you woud receive flak - thanks for performing a dilligent job as moderator and just for going to the effort of maintaining the forum itself. The membership is broad and includes many interesting, experienced, quirky and some slightly deranged - but the mix has been compelling.

Michael - I sincerely hope the issues you face in your personal life are resolved positively and if they are not I hope you find the strength you need to deal with the outcome.
    Kind regards
    Greg

greg, Feb 11, 2005
  5. michaelab

PBirkett VTEC Addict

Just heard about this... and thought I'd pop back just to say thanks to Mike and the mods, I've learned a lot from this forum, and has in part contributed to the system I have today, as well as met a lot of great folks over here.

Whatever results from this, good luck for the future. :)

PBirkett, Feb 11, 2005
  6. michaelab

michaelab desafinado

Thanks again for all the kind messages...even the ones in Portuguese generated by the babelfish translator ;)

It looks increasingly like ZG will be able to continue essentially unchanged through the offer by Isaac and the guys at enscape.net to take it over. I'll have more details over the weekend.

Michael.

michaelab, Feb 11, 2005
  7. michaelab

Heavymental

Nice one chaps!

Heavymental, Feb 11, 2005
  8. michaelab

Coda II getting there slowly

Afternoon Michael, that sounds like good news for a Friday

Relative new comer, and this may be planned for already, but could I suggest/request that you retain a permanent seat on the security council, ie right of veto etc.
    Quite obviously from the preceding posts, this place (and congratulations/thanks from here as well) will, for some time to come, be associated with your name and endeavors. Having given it your time and attention it deserves to be continued in a manner which is true to it's roots; that's presumably why membership is at the level it is, we like it here.

Nice weekend to all.

Coda II, Feb 11, 2005
  9. michaelab

joel Shaman of Signals

Excellent. Props to Isaac for that. Perhaps they will be able to do something about the logo ;-)
    Maybe we need to start a forum for ex-forum owners :D

joel, Feb 12, 2005
  10. michaelab

michaelab desafinado

Right, the forum and domain are definitely going to be taken over by the guys at enscape.net. I've given them access to the database and they done some testing with incorporating it on their server and now it's just a question of doing the actual handover. When we actually do that there will be some downtime and for a while there will be some redirection of domains etc involved until all the "technical" transferring is done.

As for who is taking over my role as the main mod and admin of the forum I imagine that will be Isaac plus some of the other enscape guys and of course the existing mods. I will perhaps stay on as a moderator but for the near future at least my actual involvement will be minimal.

:D

Michael.

michaelab, Feb 13, 2005
  11. michaelab

Stuart

Well that is good news - good one Isaac! Michael, hope you do stick around here.

Stuart, Feb 14, 2005
  12. michaelab

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

On the subject of mods and admins...

The current moderators will remain in place, with some new additions which I will announce later. Michael is welcome to remain in whatever capacity he chooses... I don't want anyone to feel that we're giving him the boot.

We will try to make things go as smoothly as possible, but please bear with us should there be any hitches.

I will make introductions of some of the enscape staff who will be involved with zg along with the new moderators.

I-S, Feb 14, 2005
  13. michaelab

lordsummit moderate mod

Cool. I'm very glad it's sorted.
    Three cheers for Isaac and Michael

lordsummit, Feb 14, 2005
  14. michaelab

Markus S Trade

Good news. Thanks, Michael and Isaac.

Markus S, Feb 14, 2005
  15. michaelab

Dev Moderator

Glad it's sorted, and hope it won't change too much.

Dev, Feb 14, 2005
  16. michaelab

michaelab desafinado

OK it's all happening - we're going to do the handover today at around 3:30pm which means the forum will be down for a little while. In theory it should only take about 30 minutes but these things always take longer than you expect to it will probably be more like an hour.

Whilst the domain handover is pending the URL for the forum will be:

http://www.enscape.net/zerogain

...I'll put a notice and redirect here. Once the domain handover completes the URL will be the same again.

Michael.

michaelab, Feb 14, 2005
  17. michaelab

Dev Moderator

Smooth cutover:) well done guys.

Dev, Feb 14, 2005
  18. michaelab

Markus S Trade

Excellent. Bravo!

Markus S, Feb 14, 2005
  19. michaelab

mr cat Member of the month

great, so who's running the show now..?

mr cat, Feb 15, 2005
  20. michaelab

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

That'd be me, with plenty of help from the rest of the enscape team, see introductions thread.

I-S, Feb 15, 2005
Ask a Question