Another pointless Mana debate

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by The Devil, Sep 2, 2004.

1. The Devil

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

James, never let it be said you don't anything else, unless its on ****

wadia-miester, Sep 6, 2004
  2. The Devil

Dev Moderator

That may be only a short term gain. If the answer to every post is **** then I think that there is greater risk of members becoming bored and staying away. :(

Dev, Sep 6, 2004
  3. The Devil

michaelab desafinado

I pretty much agree with you Dev :(

Michael.

michaelab, Sep 6, 2004
  4. The Devil

greg Its a G thing

Good point. I recently realised the whole Bub rant/pattern is the main reason I find myself going several says without even visiting.

greg, Sep 6, 2004
  5. The Devil

joel Shaman of Signals

THe bub and AK show is what keeps me coming back. Roll on Friday I say

joel, Sep 6, 2004
  6. The Devil

The Devil IHTFP

You must be a very sensitive, timid soul. The forum is all the poorer without you.

How about just viewing the threads to which I don't contribute - the vast majority in other words. Or you could always "do a penance": every time I post something, announce (once again) that you have engaged the "ignore" function, and eulogise about how wonderful life has become as a result.

The Devil, Sep 6, 2004
  7. The Devil

greg Its a G thing

At least you still maintain a sense of humour.

I would be typing continously. Surely you have some people to heal?

greg, Sep 6, 2004
  8. The Devil

penance Arrogant Cock

:D
    Nice to know it gets to him.

penance, Sep 6, 2004
  9. The Devil

The Devil IHTFP

I was taking the p*ss, penance. Never mind, eh?

Our chief weapon is surprise ... surprise and fear...

The Devil, Sep 6, 2004
  10. The Devil

greg Its a G thing

James - in case you are not being ironic (incidentally I would like to believe your comedy Mana stack is done in irony), its boredom rather than timidity and note rather than over state my contribution to humanity by suggesting the forum would miss me, I was simply pointing out the tedium of reading your treaty was killing the appeal.

greg, Sep 6, 2004
  11. The Devil

greg Its a G thing

Is this referring to your medical training?

greg, Sep 6, 2004
  12. The Devil

The Devil IHTFP

Yes, I bought all that Mana mainly because it has no effect, and secondly because I thought it would irritate people who have never tried any.

It certainly rattles a few cages around here. GOK why.

The Devil, Sep 6, 2004
  13. The Devil

TonyL Club Krautrock Plinque

23 Skidoo were a good band. A thread like this needs more bands like 23 Skidoo. I would recommend the Gospel Goes to New Guinea / Last Words 12†as an ideal starting point.

Tony.

TonyL, Sep 6, 2004
  14. The Devil

greg Its a G thing

FINALLY! Now perhaps from this basis of new found honesty and openess we can move on? Facing reality is the first step towards healing your tortured mind. :D

greg, Sep 6, 2004
  15. The Devil

analoguekid Planet Rush

James

1 "it needs Mana" is not very constructive, more of a statement from you in fact

2 It is not underperforming, in fact it is performing as it should, You may not like it, but thats a different thing

3 I'm not hypersensative, just sick of you saying same thing over and over, based on your small worldly experiences.

4 yes it was expensive, though not quite as expensive as yours, but then I invested my budget in the electronics< I didn,t waste it on overpriced scrap with some glass and nice stickers.

"James would you like to listen to some music?" Says I

To which James replies, Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......Needs Mana,.......

analoguekid, Sep 6, 2004
  16. The Devil

Robbo

Come back Marco, all is forgiven!

(alright then, maybe not)

Robbo, Sep 6, 2004
  17. The Devil

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

I wish that Mana would try exhibiting at a few shows, or do some sort of a roadshow.

It would be nice for everybody to experience what Mana does, and therefore reach their own conclusion.

We wouldnt need all this debate then, just people who like it and people that dont.

A 'free trial' doesnt cut it for me. I dont trial things without damn good reason - i.e. an intention to buy. It isnt fair on my time/money nor the manufacturer to trial equipment just to see what it sounds like.

A shame.

NB
    James - are you aware of the company which manufactures near identical copies of ATC speakers (both active and passive?) - I think it might be Wilmslow Audio. From memory you can get 100's and 200s active for 2-4k. I cant remember specifics.

Chris

bottleneck, Sep 6, 2004
  18. The Devil

julian2002 Muper Soderator

chris,
    it is wilmslow they do a 'k50' and a 'k100' for 2150 / 2250. the 'active pack' is 1500 so for 3750 you can get some pretty nifty speakers.
    i'm not a big fan of the midrange dome though so not really my cup'o'tea.
    cheers

julian

julian2002, Sep 6, 2004
  19. The Devil

analoguekid Planet Rush

Chris just to set the record straight, I have neither views for or against mana, (although qesthetically, it is not my favourite)as I haven't heard it before and after, with my equipment, my beef is james harping on about me needing it, especially when I never asked for his opinion in the first place, and about no system is correct unless on the stuff, surely if that was the case then more manufacturers would reccomend it.

analoguekid, Sep 6, 2004
  20. The Devil

Robbo

Paul, I 100% agree with you. The thing is most of us have now managed to develop a 'bub filter' whereby we subconsciously ignore his endless pronouncements on mana and the usual willy waving.

Perhaps its time you developed such a filter, because he isnt going to stop on your account! :)

Robbo, Sep 6, 2004
Ask a Question