The pet hate thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by PBirkett, Aug 18, 2004.

1. PBirkett

MO! MOnkey`ead!

You might have seen this before....

http://www.glesga.ndo.co.uk/

MO!, Aug 20, 2004
  2. PBirkett

iancity

COAT HANGERS :mad:

iancity, Aug 20, 2004
  3. PBirkett

Lt Cdr Data om

all this talk about how much businesses/economy loses in a day due to some event....who gives a damn, they get compensated.

oil price moaners, we all have to pay in the end, you have to have it, irrespective of price.

wasps ever since I got stung.

marks and sparks customers, esp. the middle class women, walk right at you and expect you to move for them grrrr.

power women, power men, useless twats who get obscenely overpaid for meetings with coffee

payoffs for corporate failure, milking the public purse

english rudeness, perhaps the continentals are right about some of us.

property profiteers

developers wrecking the country

tony blair's fraternising with rich types

adverts big style

most modern comedy bill hicks excepted what a dude

being 1/2 in the EEC, either all in or all out.

tailgaters, anyone that blatently aggressive and intimidating deserve to have an accident to realise how dangerous it really is.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2004
    Lt Cdr Data, Aug 20, 2004
  4. PBirkett

julian2002 Muper Soderator

data,
    have a read of hick's biography. it gives a deeper insight into some of his routines, well worth it if you're a fan.
    the man was a comedy legend.
    cheers

julian

julian2002, Aug 20, 2004
  5. PBirkett

Rory satisfied

davina mc-call- screamy bitch
    buses- big annoying things which clog up roads and take priority at traffic lights and have huge lanes devoted to the things
    CJ CRoss and the rest of the cable sceptics on HFC
    uninsured drivers esp. the *unt who smashed into my car causing £1ks worth of damage
    people under 65 who drive Novas
    football and the besotted fans. whats so attractive about 22 sweaty men going after a leather (ok, ok, plastic) ball

Rory, Aug 21, 2004
  6. PBirkett

Robbo

Now that's something I certainly agree with. I respect their views, but do they ever stop? :knight:

Robbo, Aug 21, 2004
  7. PBirkett

i think the problem i have with them is that whilst i respect their views. their views preclude them accepting mine. it's a bit like the pro-life / pro choice thing where pro choice means it's down to the indivitual what path they follow whereas pro life forces you to go a particular way. needless to say i'm pro choice.
    cheers

julian

julian2002, Aug 22, 2004
  8. PBirkett

MO! MOnkey`ead!

I thought we weren't discussing the hates? And I think naming CJ is a bit out of order MOself. :rolleyes:

MO!, Aug 22, 2004
  9. PBirkett

PeteH Natural Blue

I thought I felt my ears burning :)

PeteH, Aug 22, 2004
  10. PBirkett

i can feel the heat from here.
    cheers

julian

julian2002, Aug 22, 2004
  11. PBirkett

PBirkett VTEC Addict

I am just wondering why some people feel the need to get personal about it, when AFAICT nobody over there has got personal with anyone here?

Another pet hate: I hate sore throats. I seem to have had one for over a week now. MO, you have my sympathy mate.

PBirkett, Aug 22, 2004
  12. PBirkett

Will The Lucky One

Back onto 'pet hates', I'll add beggars to this, whether some of them are junkies or not I do pity them...living rough is just that, rough.

I was out on the town on Thursday night with my girlfriend, some bloke comes up asking for money to by something to eat, and he's looking rather oddly at my gf, so I gave him £2 and walked off rather quickly. Come out of the pub later on, we're standing waiting for a taxi, and the same bloke comes and asks me for some more money...obviously I'm a soft touch. I said 'I gave you some money earlier, if its just for food you must have one good appetite', heck £2 can feed you for a few days if you're careful....

Then I was out on Friday night as well, a different bloke comes up to us again, starts telling us some sob story about how his wife had just kicked him out and he'd been on the streets for 2 weeks (I find that hard to believe, *every* bloke I have ever met, even total tossers, has at least one mate who'd take you in rather than see you homeless....). The real clincher that he was a bullshit merchant was what he was wearing...bloody spotless clothes, it was raining in town earlier on that night and I got soaked walking between pubs, this bloke was clearly bone dry, even his shoes didn't look wet in the slightest, if he'd been on the streets for even a day he'd look a bit worse for wear....

Will, Aug 22, 2004
  13. PBirkett

Sid and Coke

Tattoo's on girls, even small ones that are in places where normally they would be hidden. Small tattoo's look shit, across a room they just look like skin blemishes or large insects.

Large tattoo's on girls upper arms.

Tattoo's that are so old that they have lost their shape , definition and colour, especially if they are large and on the upper arms of women who are so old that they have lost their shape, definition and colour.

Blokes and girls who have Tatoo's in weird places and then wear clothes speciffically bought so that everybody can see their Tatoo's.

People who have small shitty little tattoos, because they where not brave enough to have big ones , who , when you look more closely at their Tattoo's to see what they are or say, exclaim: " What the **** are you looking at ?"

Sid and Coke, Aug 22, 2004
  14. PBirkett

johnhunt recidivist

do you mean girls or women?

johnhunt, Aug 22, 2004
  15. PBirkett

Dev Moderator

Tattoos.

Dev, Aug 22, 2004
  16. PBirkett

Dev Moderator

They might not get personal but you have to wonder the motives behind some of the posts, which appear to be merely provocotive and/or insulting and serve no purposes as far as debating is concerned, so raises tension and sometimes become personal. I must stress that I do not mean the majority of the sceptics, who are entitled to their views and were merely asking legitimate questions.

Anyway, back to the topic, Sceptics (cable and Euro) :D , for not having an open mind.

Dev, Aug 22, 2004
  17. PBirkett

Saab

people who say "lets take that offline"

er,no lets not,fvck off

Saab, Aug 22, 2004
  18. PBirkett

michaelab desafinado

I'll add to that: all management/meeting jargon, especially people using it just because they think it makes them sound impressive :bub: .

Unfortunately, working for a company where I have to make many conferance calls with our New York office it's almost unavoidable. Only the other day someone ended a meeting with me with "I'll circle back with you once we've tackled the low-hanging fruit and then we can take another 30,000ft level view of the whole problem" :rolleyes:

I just cracked up. They were deadly serious :eek: .

Michael.

michaelab, Aug 22, 2004
  19. PBirkett

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

Serial ringpieces who's sole purpose in life is to be professional asswholes, First class with honours, DS and Bar (with clusters). Bikerless Bikers, thereoy merchants who spout off calc after calc, yet NEVER trundle along to whitness the final results.
    Music snobs, who consider everything other than their chosen Field beneath their intellect, Audio TT Owners, born defective.
    The ability not to leave this piss hole of planet, that we've screwed up and not got the sense to rectify it

wadia-miester, Aug 23, 2004
  20. PBirkett

Sid and Coke

Females.

Is that a Typo Tony ?
    Can't work out whether you meant Audi TT owners or whether you where slagging of folk who own low rent record players , e.g. Audio as appoosed to Hi-Fi.

Sid and Coke, Aug 23, 2004
Ask a Question